Somethings I bet you didn't know during a PCS
So we have PCS enough to know most of the PCS tips but I DIDN'T know you didn't get a mid month pay advice, talking about being NERVOUS... WOW..maybe I wasn't this observant last time we PCS or maybe I was and just don't remember. However this is the 2nd PCS that I won't be with my man...Korea and now this one...hmmm...
(1) If you PCS and it's during the mid-month you will not get a mid-month LES pay advice.
(2) As of January 1, 2012, the PCS Mileage in Lieu of Transportation (MALT) rate is 23.0 cents per mile. This change is effective for all PCS travel commencing on or after January 1, 2012.
Here are a few things I have picked up over the years:
- Inventory your stuff, Microsoft Access is a really good Database. Write down serial numbers on all electronics.
- Call the base housing and find out how big your housing is at the next base, we went from a 2400 SQ foot house to 1200 Sq Foot, and I ended up giving away a lot of furniture, before I moved and when I got to the next duty station....
- If you have china and it gets broken check out www.replacements.com (this is the place right down the highway from my old alma matta). It is kinda expensive but your items are priceless right?
- When you PCS overseas you should get two shipments. Unaccompanied baggage and your household goods. Unaccompanied is supposed to arrive within 30 days.